Solar PV Designer
We're looking for a Solar PV Designer in or near Greenville, IL (metro-St. Louis area). The Solar PV Designer focuses on the betterment of Supplied Energy as it relates to generating and reviewing residential and commercial solar project designs, while optimizing the layout and projects based on site-specific conditions, selection of materials, and installation hook-up support.
It's preferred for candidate to have relevant field experience, like experience in basic electrical and carpentry, renewable energy, and/or the construction industry. But, we're willing to train the right candidate without these qualifications. NAPCEP certification is preferred, but not required.
Benefits include health insurance (company-paid) and dental and vision offerings. After a 90-day probationary period, the employee is eligible for unlimited paid time off along with the insurance options referenced.
- Proficient in:
- Microsoft Office Suite
- CRM platform
- Basic accounting and advanced math
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Project management
- Team player
- Risk management
- Technical skills
- Quality management
- Works well unsupervised and is self-motivated
- Willingness to learn
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Relevant field experience
- Preferred knowledge of the National Electric Code
- Experience in basic electrical and carpentry, solar PV, renewable energy, and/or the construction industry
- NABCEP certification preferred, but not required
- Ability to understand, read, and comprehend contract documents, plans, and specifications
- Sitting and using office equipment and computer
- Must be able to lift and/or move between 5 to 20 lbs.
- Occasionally required to stand, walk, climb, or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Comfortable on roofs or high areas off the ground
- Contributes to the betterment of Supplied Energy. You'll see this on all our job descriptions because each of us is expected to do our part to not only sustain but grow the company in the ways our skillset indicates.
- Ensure a customer-first mindset throughout all interactions and processes
- Contribute to the growth of sales by ensuring orders and the materials for projects are designed efficiently and accurately
- Generate and review residential and commercial solar projects
- Create proposals, designs, and quotes for installers and distributors
- Provide project designs for commercial and residential solar opportunities to include, but not limited to, layout drawings, site-specific information, ballasting plans, attachment designs
- Work with installers in solar design, electrical design, and utility paperwork
- Training and on-site project support
Why You'll Love this Job
- Professional development: You'll be working with a team that has over 100 years of collective experience in the renewable energy industry, and we work with manufacturers to provide ongoing training specific to the systems we offer. We're always open to assisting you with achieving new certifications or furthering your education in other ways.
- Stay active: Days don't drag on. As a member of a team that is required to wear many hats, you’ll always have a task to perform even if your typical day-to-day duties aren't required for that specific day.
- Robust relationship building: We're an extension of our customers' businesses, not just a vendor they buy products from. You get the opportunity to meet new people and truly understand how their business works – every customer is unique.
- 100% Health Coverage: Supplied Energy covers 100% of employee’s health care with dental and vision plans as additional options.
An Important Note About Us
At Supplied Energy, we put a strong emphasis on customer service and quality.
Here’s the cheat sheet on service, and therefore, how we prioritize tasks, projects, and goals while keeping the highest quality in mind:
CUSTOMER > TEAM > INDIVIDUAL
When in doubt, do what’s best for the customer, then our team, and finally, yourself. Then prioritize your day, week, tasks, and projects with this in mind. This isn’t to say you should strive to meet unrealistic expectations. But, within the realm of reality and sanity, we should do everything we can to leave our customers feeling like they’re the most important part of your workday – not an afterthought or nuisance. Don’t agree to something when we’re not justifiably confident we can deliver. That's our motto.
Sound like you? Apply Today.